Female Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
(between 21 and 30 hours, negotiable upon appointment, £25440 pro rata)
WMRSASC has a vacancy for a female Independent Sexual Violence Advisor on a one year fixed term contract (continuation subject to funding).
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with victims. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a pro-active service to female and male adult survivors of sexual violence within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Develop and deliver a non-therapeutic advocacy and support service to clients
- Help clients to access appropriate therapeutic interventions and to develop their own support network
- Where necessary provide emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal Justice System
- Monitor and keep client informed of case progress if involved with the Criminal Justice Process
- Provide information about the impacts of sexual violence and signposting to specialist support services
- Maintain a caseload and accurate electronic records
- Support client to access their rights
- Contribute towards service development
- Participate in individual clinical supervision, appraisal sessions and team meetings
The post holder must have the ability to travel throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
If you are interested in applying please email email@example.com for an application pack.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Ruth Kimberley on the above email or call 01905 611655.
WMRSASC reserves the right only to recruit women. This has legal verification under the Sexual Discrimination Act 1975 Section 7(ii) (e) amended in 1986 and 2008 and incorporated in the Equality Act 2010.
Closing date for applications is 7th February 2017
Interviews will be held on 14th February 2017