Independent Sexual Violence Advocate
(Between 21 and 37.5 hours, negotiable upon appointment, £25,951 pro rata)
WMRSASC has a vacancy for an Independent Sexual Violence Advocate.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with victims. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a pro-active service to female and male adult survivors of sexual violence within and outside of the criminal justice system to:
- Develop and deliver a non-therapeutic advocacy and support service to clients
- Help clients to access appropriate therapeutic interventions and to develop their own support network
- Where necessary provide emotional, practical and advocacy support through the Criminal Justice System
- Monitor and keep the client informed of case progress if involved with the Criminal Justice Process
- Provide information about the impacts of sexual violence and signpost to specialist support services
- Maintain a caseload and accurate electronic records
- Support client to access their rights
- Contribute towards service development
- Participate in individual clinical supervision, appraisal sessions and team meetings
Whilst this post is predominately working with adults there may be a requirement to support children and young people in response to meet service demands.
The post holder must have the ability to travel throughout Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Ruth Kimberley on 01905 611655.
For an application pack and to apply please visit the link below:
Closing date for applications is 21st February 2020
Interviews will be held on 4th and 5th March 2020