Children and Young People’s Counsellor
£25,440 per annum pro rata
WMRSASC has a vacancy for a part-time Children and Young People’s Counsellor. To allow for flexibility in the role and to meet the demands of the service, the contract will be offered on an annualised basis, with a projected 10 hours minimum of work per week.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with children and young people and have an understanding of the nature and impact of sexual violence and experience of working with survivors. They will be required to work within a multi-agency setting to provide a counselling service to children and young people aged 5 years and over who are survivors of sexual violence. They will hold a Level 4 or equivalent in counselling/psychotherapy and will hold professional membership and registration with a recognised professional body such as BACP.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing counselling to young people who have completed an assessment after being referred to the service.
- Ensuring that clients understand the service and are competent to consent to engage with counselling in line with Fraser Guidelines.
- Maintaining appropriate records of counselling in line with legal, ethical and organisational constraints including pre-trial therapy.
- Communicating and liaising with other agencies within the limitations of the role and confidentiality; this will be done with support from the supervisor/counselling manager.
- Encouraging and engaging with the young person’s family where appropriate, e.g. to facilitate attendance at appointments.
- Maintaining professional membership, insurance and practice in accordance with the ethical framework of a professional body including the participation in regular supervision and CPD.
- Maintaining awareness of the rights of the child and allow them autonomy within the counselling process.
- Ensuring that monitoring and feedback is maintained as part of the ongoing sustainability of the service.
The post holder will be required to work across Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire. The ability to travel is essential.
For an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 22th June 2018.
Interviews will be held the week commencing: 2th July 2018.