Purple Leaf Assessment and Intervention, Professional Training, Supervision and Consultancy
Purple Leaf is a trading arm of West Mercia Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre, providing training and educational programmes. With over 30 years’ experience supporting survivors of sexual harassment, violence and abuse, our skilled facilitators, change managers and therapists have the specialist knowledge to enable positive change and support wellbeing.
The Purple Leaf Education Programme, designed for ages 8 and 18 years, increases young people’s awareness of sexual abuse and exploitation, both on and offline. It equips them with the skills, knowledge, and tools to be able to identify unhealthy relationships and behaviours and to know where to go for help and support. Our education programme is funded by the Police and Crime Commissioner and is available in groups and on an 1:1 basis.
Training for Professionals
Purple Leaf provides accredited and non-accredited training and awareness
sessions to professionals working in the sexual violence sector or aligned fields.
The range of courses we currently provide includes:
- Peer on peer abuse in school
- Managing the impacts of working with sexual trauma
- Responding to a disclosure of sexual violence
- Emotional and societal response to sexual violence
- Impact of child sexual abuse
- Rape and the legal system
- Sexual violence against young people and adolescents
We can also create bespoke courses to meet specific training requirements.
Problematic (PSB) and Harmful Sexual Behaviour (HSB)
Purple Leaf provides advice, risk assessment and interventions for children and young people (aged five to eighteen) who have exhibited or are at risk of exhibiting harmful or problematic sexual behaviour (HSB and PSB).
This support includes:
- A detailed pre-assessment
- liaison with families and professionals around support and supervision
- completion of AIM 3 Assessment with report and recommendations
- and a range of psycho-social education interventions.
Consultative Supervision and Therapeutic Support
Witnessing trauma, suffering and the vulnerability of others is not unique to those in the caring professions; and are all likely to be in a position of hearing or reading materials which may have an impact.
Purple Leaf offer consultative supervision which can help you and your teams mitigate the risks associated with exposure to traumatic testimony.